Sunday, August 2, 2009

Nineteen

*Edward*

My eyes flicked from Bella's to over her shoulder, watching as Rosalie and Angela merely lifted their eyebrows at me. Rosalie seemed to toast me with Bella's beer bottle before tipping it back and drinking what I could only assume was more than half of it in one gulp.

"Take me home, Edward. Now."

Her words were ringing in my head and within the five seconds that she'd said them, my entire body was completely alert, willing and raring to go.

More so than before the song had started or before she'd started grinding her hips into mine.

I hadn't thought it was possible until those words had left her lips.

I looked back down at Bella, reaching up to place my hands on her wrists.

"You're sure?" I mouthed to her.

She rolled her eyes, smirking and nodding as she dropped her hands from my face, grabbing my hands and linking our fingers together.

"Cab?" I mouthed again.

She nodded again, stepping up on her toes and forcefully pressing her lips to mine once before stepping back down and turning to face Rosalie and Angela.

"We're leaving!" she screamed, briefly stepping away from me to kiss both of their cheeks. "Call you tomorrow!"

And with that, she walked ahead of me and pulled me from the room, pushing through the drunken mass of people and out into the stairwell.

I followed behind her, my heart hammering against my ribs as we descended the stairs, the people we passed only ending up as large blurs of color and voices.

The only thing that I was focused on was Bella; completely and entirely focused on everything about her. The way the curls in her hair bounced, the way her hips moved, how she had her hand firmly tucked into mine, and how she was so completely confident of each step she took down the stairs.

Of course, the almost painful throbbing in my jeans wasn't really deterring me from it all, either. If anything, it was intensifying it.

We were stepping onto the second floor landing when she turned, grabbed my shirt in her hands and slammed me back against the wall, her lips on mine before I had a chance to do much of anything else.

I breathed out a moan into her mouth before I wrapped my arms tightly around her and turned us, pressing her back into the wall and opening my mouth to hers. She whimpered, her hands still fisted in my shirt as she attempted to pull me closer to her.

"Ugh, that's disgusting," I heard some girl say from behind us, her heels clicking on the stairs as she passed by us.

"Get a room!" a man shouted, his muffled footsteps following the heeled ones up the stairs.

I backed away from Bella, looking over my shoulder and narrowing my eyes at the redhead and who I assumed was her boyfriend as they disappeared around the corner.

"Not such a bad idea, huh?" Bella breathed, one of her hands cupping the side of my neck as she rolled her hips against mine.

I briefly closed my eyes, biting down hard on my bottom lip to suppress the moan that was lingering in the back of my throat.

"No," I managed, grabbing her hand again and taking the lead as I started back down the stairs.

We finally made it outside, bypassing the cluster of drunken smokers standing outside and telling everyone how much they loved each other. I shook my head and jumped at the first cab I saw sitting on the side of the road.

I didn't even care if someone else had had it called for them. There were things that needed to be taken care of.

Immediately.

And since there wasn't anyone sitting in the back of the cab, I was claiming it.

Drunken idiots be damned.

I let Bella slide in the back first and had enough common sense to pull the collar of my jacket up around my neck as Bella told the driver her address, hunching down in my seat and quickly grabbing Bella's hand again as she sat back in the seat.

The cab pulled away from the curb and I looked over at her as she slowly picked up our hands and began playing with my fingertips. She studied each one carefully, gently grabbing each one in between her thumb and forefinger of her free hand before she looked over at me from under her eyelashes.

And that was it. She could've asked me to strip entirely naked right then and there and I would've done it without a second thought.

My mouth fell open, a strangled noise that I didn't recognize sounding out of my throat as she brought one of my fingertips to her lips and sucked it into her mouth.

She kept her eyes on mine as I felt her tongue circling and flicking around my fingertip and I was pretty sure it was safe to say that my jaw was officially unhinged.

She moved onto my next fingertip and the same strangled noise escaped my throat, my breathing speeding up again as my other hand clawed its way across my lap and onto her knee.

She moved onto the next one, her eyes still connected with mine as I dragged my hand down her thigh, gripping it tightly and making those damn strangling noises that I was apparently only capable of.

And when she reached my pinky, I was pretty sure I felt my jaw hit my lap as she sucked the whole thing into her mouth. I wrapped my arm entirely around her thigh, hitching it over my lap and sliding as close to her as I could possibly get as I felt her tongue swirling circles around it.

She slowly slid it out of her mouth, licking her lips as she dropped our hands back to her lap.

I huffed out a breath and reached forward with my free hand to grab the back of her head and crash my lips onto hers, tangling my hands in her hair. She reached out with her hand, fisting it into the collar of my shirt and yanking me almost on top of her.

"Hey!"

We both jumped apart and I glared up at the driver as he tapped on the Plexiglas that separated us from him.

"You'll pay extra for that!"

I continued to glare at him as Bella cleared her throat and gently pushed me back into a seated position. I grumbled under my breath, wrapping an arm around her shoulders and pulling her against me again.

"Soon," she whispered, gently biting the bottom of my ear.

It was the longest thirty minutes of my entire life. I was touching every available inch of her and she'd had her hand up the front of my shirt for the better part of fifteen minutes, running her fingernails across the top of my jeans.

But never going any further.

Which I could appreciate since the driver kept shooting warning, curious glances in the rear view mirror each time one of us whimpered or made any sort of noise, but God damn it, she was driving me crazy.

She'd been playing with the button of my jeans and was running her fingertip down the zipper, seeming to get great enjoyment out of the way my breath hitched each time she did so.

And when my head finally cleared when her hand trailed back to my stomach, the driver seemed to know when my hand trailed up the front of her shirt and he cleared his throat loud enough to warn me to back off.

It was like dealing with a very overprotective sibling.

Her huffs of disappointment only made me feel a slightly bit better until she started with the damn button and zipper on my jeans again.

The driver never said anything about that.

So when my house came into view, I was quick to grab my wallet and throw probably more money than absolutely necessary at him as he stopped the car in the middle of the road between our homes.

I slammed my way out of the cab, nearly tripping on my damn feet as I waited for her to climb out.

And for once in the entire time I'd known her, she was ten times more graceful than I could've claimed to be a second ago.

Deciding not to dwell on something as stupid as that, I wrapped an arm around her waist and we both half ran up the stairs to my porch.

She was quick to start kissing my neck as I fumbled with the keys. I nearly dropped them when she stuck her hand in my front pocket before I was finally able to stick the key in the lock, turn the knob and practically fall into the house.

"Eager?" she asked innocently, jiggling the keys out of the door and closing it behind her as I stripped off my jacket and threw it on the back of the rocking chair.

"Not at all," I shook my head, grinning at her as I flung my shoes off of my feet and waited for her to drop the keys on the table.

She did, raising an eyebrow at me as she crossed her arms over her waist.

"Well, in that case, I think I'm thirsty," she said easily, shrugging as she began to walk by me.

I grabbed her around the waist, pulling her hard against me as she laughed, her arms immediately circling my neck.

"I don't think so," I laughed, shaking my head as I fused my mouth to hers.

She sighed, relaxing against me as her hands tangled in my hair and her mouth opened to mine.

"Do you have any idea," I started, slowly running my hands under her jacket and up to her shoulders, "what you do to me?"

She tilted her head back, looking down her nose at me as she fisted her hands in my hair.

"Show me," she said, her voice low.

I kept my eyes on hers as I slid the jacket from her shoulders, letting it drop to the floor in a heap behind her as she moved her hands from my hair and pulled her against me again. I pressed my lips to hers again, my hands running underneath the back of her shirt as she started pulling on the shoulders of mine.

I broke away from her, letting her pull it over my head before kissing her again and backing her against the door. She ran her hands over my chest, wedging her leg in between mine and gently rubbing her thigh against me.

I moaned, shifting my hips against her leg and pulling away long enough to yank her shirt over her head before attaching my mouth to hers again. I trailed my hands up her sides, stopping at her bra and sliding my fingers underneath the wire to trace the undersides of her breasts.

I'd marvel at the stunning contraption she'd covered them with when I could think a little more clearly.

"I need you," she moaned out, her hands trailing down my chest and latching onto the button of my jeans.

My heart jumped, all but leaping out of my chest at her words.

I'd heard other women say that they wanted me, but not a single one of them had ever said that they needed me.

I quite liked it. I liked it even more simply because it was Bella who said it.

"Let's go," I breathed, my chest heaving as I looked down to watch her hands easily slide the button through the hole, "upstairs."

I continued to watch as she pinched the zipper tab in between her fingers and slowly dragged it down, another moan making its way out of my throat as I felt the backs of her fingers trail over me.

I looked up at her to see that she had her bottom lip caught in between her teeth and quickly leaned in to capture her top lip in between both of mine, my tongue immediately finding its way into her mouth as I reached behind her and unsnapped her bra.

She slipped out of it, throwing it next to us and pressing her chest against mine.

"Christ, you feel good," I whispered, kissing down to her neck and trailing my fingertips over her sides again.

Her hands were back at my jeans again, slowly sliding them down over my hips and letting them fall around my ankles.

"Bella," I breathed, swallowing hard as I moved my hands in between us and cupped her breasts.

She whimpered, her fingertips trailing around the top of my boxers as she thrust her hips against mine. I moaned again, flicking my thumbs over her nipples and sucking on her neck when I heard her moan.

"Upstairs," she breathed, her fingernails digging into my waist. "Please."

I grudgingly backed away from her to kick my feet out of my jeans, bending down and tearing off my socks. I watched as she ran her hands through her hair, her chest heaving as she stayed leaning back against the door and waiting for me.

Her hair was sticking up in a few different directions, her lips were red and swollen and her eyes were dark and partially closed.

She was fucking gorgeous.

And she was mine.

I stood up straight and grabbed her hand, pulling her against me and kissing her again as I started to back toward the stairs.

I had to be touching her. I didn't want to be far from her; not now. Hell, not ever, but especially not right now.

"Edward," she laughed, her hands wrapping around my neck as she stumbled along with me.

I laughed with her, quickly reaching down and fumbling with the button to her jeans, backing away from her long enough to look behind me and see that we were standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"I have to get these boots off first," she stated, chuckling a little at me as she walked by me and sat down on one of the steps.

I quickly bent down in front of her, gently pushing her hands away as I grabbed the bottom of her shoe and looked up to meet her eyes. She leaned back, propping her elbows on the step behind her as she folded her bottom lip into her mouth.

I slid the shoe off of her foot, grabbing her sock in the process and threw it out to my side before grabbing her other foot and doing the same.

I stood up on my knees, forcing myself between her legs as I crawled up onto the bottom step and pressed my lips to hers, bracing my arms on either side of her.

She leaned back, her hands resting on my shoulders as she slid up one step. I followed her, quickly reaching in between us and grabbing the waistband of her jeans to keep her in one place for more than a second.

"Off," I managed against her mouth, slipping the button through the hole and hastily pulling the zipper down.

She lifted her hips as I pulled them down, throwing them over the banister and I followed her as she slid up one more step. I ran my hand down her thigh, my tongue tangling around hers as I wrapped her leg around my waist.

We both moaned when our hips came into direct contact and I pressed my lips to hers a little more forcefully than before, running my hand back up her thigh and tracing the line of her panties.

She moaned softly, her hands reaching up to tangle in my hair as she slid up one more step. Again, I followed her and before she could move any farther, I wrapped one finger into the edge of her panties and pulled them down.

Her hands tightened into fists in my hair as her lips moved hungrily against mine. I slipped her panties over her feet and threw them over the banister as well, hovering over her as I met her eager mouth with mine.

"Need you," she whimpered out, her hands moving from my hair, trailing down my back and grabbing onto the waistband of my boxers.

My heart jumped again and I shifted against her hips, smirking at the whimper that fell from her lips.

"I love you," I breathed, trying to catch my breath as I broke away from her to kiss down her neck and onto her chest.

"I love you too," she breathed back, her breath hitching in her chest as I sucked one of her nipples into my mouth.

She shoved my boxers down the rest of the way and dragged her fingernails up my back, arching her back as I reached up and began kneading her other breast.

I kicked my boxers off before moving from her breasts and leaned over her, resting my forehead against hers as I positioned myself easily in between her thighs. She slid to the very edge of the step she was on and wound her arms around my neck, her eyes locked with mine.

"Tell me to stop if…" I started, swallowing hard.

The thought of having to stop once I got started was damn near painful to think about. But I'd do anything to keep her from hurting; do anything to keep from causing her any type of pain at all. Even if that meant pacing around outside in the freezing cold weather to get myself back to normal again.

Whatever that might've been. The only type of normal that I recognized anymore was when Bella was near me.

I wouldn't compromise that for anything.

"Say another word and I'll go home," she threatened, digging her fingernails into my shoulder blades.

I leaned down, my lips resting against hers and my eyes rolling back in my head as she thrust her hips up a little.

I slid into her quickly, a long, loud moan sounding from the both of us as I fought to stay still in an effort to let her adjust to me.

And it was not by any means easy to stay still. Being this close to her, being completely open and vulnerable with her only managed to heighten all of the feelings and emotions dancing with her had brought to the surface earlier.

"You are home," I grunted through my teeth, my heart in overdrive and my breathing coming in short gasps as I stared down into her eyes.

And she was. She was the epitome of what I'd learned to call home and being with her this way; being inside of her and being able to love her this way just solidified everything I'd ever felt for her.

"Yes," she whispered, slowly starting to move her hips up into mine.

I breathed out a small, almost relieved laugh and grabbed onto one of the posts of the railing to steady myself as I started to move with her.

"Oh, God," she moaned, throwing her head back and resting it on the step above her.

I kissed her throat, moaning into it as she started to move her hips faster against mine. She wrapped her legs around my waist, one of her hands moving to my outstretched arm and grabbing onto it tightly.

I widened my knees out on the step I was on, my free hand running up and down her thigh as I continued to meet her thrusts with my own.

"Bella," I moaned, moving from her throat to nip at her bottom lip.

She tilted her head up, her mouth attacking mine as her other hand tangled in my hair again, pulling slightly.

"More," she breathed against my mouth, her legs tightening around my waist and I hissed a breath in through my teeth at being pushed deeper into her. "Faster."

I did as she requested, the familiar tightening in the pit of my stomach getting stronger and coiling even tighter.

"Bella," I groaned, moving my hand from the post and gripping her hips tightly in my hands.

She moved her hand from my hair, slapping it against the wall next to us and digging her fingernails into the paint as she grabbed onto the post I'd previously been holding on to with the other.

She threw her head back and I felt her starting to shake slightly, her eyes closed tightly as she let out one of the longest, sexiest fucking moans I'd ever heard.

"Edward, I'm so…"

"Yes," I moaned, my hips working against hers and my fingertips digging into her skin.

I moved one hand from her hip, bringing it in between us and finding her bundle of nerves quickly. She squeaked out a moan, her back arching up off the stairs and her hips bucking erratically against mine.

I leaned over her again, placing open mouthed kisses over her shoulders.

I was close. Everything inside of me was ready, begging for the release I knew was on its way, responding to the way Bella's body was shaking and jerking underneath mine.

I felt her clench down around me and that was all it took; both of us crying out and moaning into each other as we reached our peaks.

I reached out with both of my hands, bracing myself on the edge of the stairs in an effort not to crush her as I finished and buried my face in her neck.

I felt like I had turned into mush; every inch of me was completely spent and satiated, satisfied and happier than hell about being with her.

And I knew that while I had the little bit of energy left to hold myself up, I should pick her up and stumble the rest of the way up the stairs to get us both rightfully into bed so that I could convince her that it really was possible for me to actually be romantic.

And maybe be able to pull off a longer lasting experience.

But the thought of leaving her and not being able to feel this sense of finally being whole after all this time was too damn much to deal with right now.

I looked up at her, reaching over with a shaky hand to push her hair out of her face. She grinned up at me, grabbing the back of my neck and pulling my lips down to hers.

I kissed her softly, lazily dragging my lips over hers and opening my mouth to hers as she traced my top lip with her tongue. Her tongue slowly twisted around mine, her hands relaxing against my neck and slowly trailing down over my shoulders.

"Bella," I whispered, pulling away from her.

"Hm?" she hummed, reaching up to run her fingers through my hair.

"Let's go…" I looked up toward the top step and smirked slightly, "up."

She laughed and nodded, her legs falling from my waist and her feet planted firmly on the step I was still kneeling on. I kissed her again, reluctantly sliding out of her and feeling slightly satisfied when I heard her whimper her disagreement.

Not that I didn't know exactly how she felt, though.

"Hold on to me," I breathed against her lips, gathering up the little amount of strength I had left as I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her tightly against me again.

Her arms wound around my neck and her legs were back around my waist as I reached over to grab the railing with one hand and stand up straight. She buried her head in my chest, her lips grazing my collarbone as I struggled to walk up the steps on legs that felt like gelatin.

The stairs. I had sex with Bella on the stairs. And while I would love this house and especially those stairs for the rest of my damn life, our first time together should not have been on the stairs.

It should've been in my bed, it shouldn't have been rushed and we should've taken our time with each other. Explored. Admired.

I walked into my bedroom, my weak legs walking over to her side of the bed and gently sitting her down on the edge. I bent down in front of her, pushing hair behind her ear before resting my hands on her knees.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, rubbing my thumbs in circles on her knees.

She smiled and reached up to run her hands through my hair as she nodded.

"I don't think I've ever felt so good before," she said quietly.

And it was really hard to regret where it happened when I heard those words from her.

I'd had the chance to show the woman I loved just how much she meant to me and no, it wasn't what I'd originally had in mind for our first time. But it was us and we'd been together. And there was nothing better than that.

I leaned up, my knees shaking as I pressed my lips against hers.

"I love you," I whispered as I backed away from her.

She smiled down at me and rubbed her thumbs in circles over my temples, mimicking what I was doing to her knees.

"I love you too. Now get in this bed with me," she demanded, moving one hand from my hair to pat the spot behind her.

I laughed and stood up, stumbling around the bed and walking to my side as I watched her crawl under the covers. I did the same, quickly wrapping her in my arms and tangling our legs together as I pulled her against me.

She easily settled against me, one of her legs curling around mine as her arms wound around my waist and she pressed her body completely against mine.

"Thank you for coming out tonight," she whispered, placing a feather light kiss against my collarbone.

I smiled and squeezed her tightly, placing a lingering kiss on her shoulder.

"I already told you I'd do anything for you, Bella. I had fun," I said softly, tangling my fingers in the bottom of her hair.

"Better have had fun," she mumbled, yawning.

I laughed and kissed her neck, rubbing my hands up and down her back.

"Go to sleep, love," I whispered, leaning back slightly to brush my lips against hers. "I'll see you in the morning."

"Wasn't tired before," she mumbled, kissing me once more before burying her nose in my chest.

"I'm just that good."

She snorted and I dug my fingertips into her sides, grinning evilly as she jumped and pushed on my chest.

"That wasn't fair," I mumbled into her ear, my hand poised over her rib cage.

She smiled lazily up at me, reaching up with one hand to place it on my cheek and run her thumb down the bridge of my nose.

"Always so easy to get you riled up," she said quietly, her voice amused and dream-like.

I clucked my tongue and rested my hand back on her waist, leaning down to kiss her softly.

"Sleep, Bella," I whispered, softly beginning to massage her waist. "I'll see you in the morning."

She hummed and curled against me again, her hand still on my cheek as she rested her cheek against my chest. I moved my hand from her waist, rubbing her back as I listened to her breathing even out a few minutes later.

When I was sure that she was asleep, I finally relaxed against the pillow and rested my chin gently on the top of her head, my hand still rubbing her back.

The night hadn't started out being anywhere near perfect, but the ending…

Oh, the ending of the night was more than worth all of the shit that had happened earlier.

I smiled to myself and buried my nose in her hair, squeezing her against me as I felt myself drifting off into sleep.

Back or Next

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Fantastic story so far!!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Stay | by TNB