Sunday, August 2, 2009

Thirty Five

*Edward*

The minute I dropped Bella off at the airport, I'd had an extremely long meeting with Jeannie where we covered everything from my life with Bella to the new movie I'd start working on after my mini-vacation in March. I had press junkets and appearances and interviews with everything I could possibly imagine coming up and just looking at the schedule a second time had me panting in exhaustion. I'd be traveling a lot and I wasn't sure if Bella would go with me. She wanted to open up her new bookstore as soon as she could, I presumed, so would she even be able to go with me?

Shaking my head and making a mental note of everything I needed to talk over with Bella when she got back, I'd sat with Jeannie while she prattled on and waited to be dismissed.

When I was finally allowed to leave, I stood outside of the office building, juggling the keys to the one extreme I'd allowed myself – my Aston Martin – in my hands and wondered what the hell I was supposed to do now.

Bella was in New York. I hadn't heard from Tanya since New Year's Eve, meaning that she was probably off somewhere with her latest boyfriend I hadn't heard about or still on her holiday, and couldn't count on her to keep me occupied. So I'd sighed heavily and trudged down the sidewalk and into the underground parking garage, getting into the car and driving back to my building.

I'd cleaned my already spotless condo. I'd ventured into town and bought an extremely expensive frame for the picture of me and Bella. Then I hung the damn thing in our bedroom, smiling like an ass the entire time.

I'd fielded phone calls from Alice and had completely ignored a few from Victoria as I stepped back and studied the print that was now hanging right above our bed in our bedroom.

And then I sighed because it was official; I was a woman.

So I finally answered my cell phone, letting Alice excitedly go on about all the plans she had for Bella when her and Jasper finally made the big move to California and finally called Victoria back.

And by the time Bella called to tell me that she was back in New York with my dumbass brother, I'd been roped into going out with Victoria and some other members of the cast against my better judgment. While I'd gotten close to them during filming and could consider them professional acquaintances, the group of them together made me a little uneasy. They'd been in the acting business for quite some time and I don't know if they'd just gotten jaded or had always acted as though everyone owed them something, but being around them more than I had to be always made me a little nervous.

But going out with them would be better than sitting in the condo, staring at the picture and wishing that Bella was still here with me. The condo just felt… empty now.

Twenty minutes after I'd hung up the phone with Bella, I was standing outside of the upscale club Laurent had insisted we go to tonight, smiling tightly at the paparazzi as they walked backwards to snap their pictures of me for the night.

There weren't enough words to describe how much I missed New York. Or, hell, even Forks at this point.

"Where's your girl, Edward?"

"Did you two break it off already?"

I resisted the urge to growl at them as I shook my head and walked up the steps to the glass door leading in to the club.

"No, we didn't. And she's simply not here," I said easily, shrugging before I yanked open the door and quickly slipped inside.

The lights were dimmed, the music wasn't too loud and it was packed full of people. Ducking my head and stuffing my hands in my pockets, I weaved around highly drunk women and the men that were carrying them off to what I assumed was the bathroom.

I slowly made my way to the edge of the open, square room and stood up on my toes in an attempt to see a glimpse of any of my cast mates lurking around somewhere.

I heard Victoria's laugh before I saw her, following the sound and looking to my left to find her sitting in between James and Laurent, with Jane and Alec sitting across from them. I sucked in a deep breath and squared my shoulders as I walked up and slid into the booth next to Jane.

"There he is!" James exclaimed, raising his arms over his head and snapping his fingers at the nervous waitress standing nearby.

I repressed the urge to sigh heavily at him, feeling extremely sorry for the poor girl that looked like she'd duck and cover at any loud noise or raised voice.

They were all used to being waited on hand and foot; being at a club was no different and they respected no one but themselves. I, apparently, had quite a ways to go before I earned half the respect they had for themselves but couldn't quite muster up enough strength to really give a damn.

"Man of the hour," Victoria purred, leaning over the table and showing me hints of what I'd been forced to see on the movie set.

"Where's your new girl?" Jane asked, eyeing me as she tapped the sides of her glass.

"New York." I smiled at the girl James had snapped at, ordering a beer before turning back to them. "She's tying up loose ends and then coming back here."

"Getting serious, are we?" Laurent asked, raising a dark eyebrow at me and leaning back in his seat.

"She's that librarian right?" Alec asked, peeking around Jane. "You can't possibly be serious with her."

"We are and I am," I nodded, thanking the still-nervous waitress as she reappeared with my beer. "She's moving out here and she's not a librarian."

Alec rolled his eyes and I bit the inside of my cheek in an attempt to stay civil.

"Edward, really," Victoria scoffed, flipping her hair over her shoulder and rolling her clear green eyes. "You'll never settle down with someone like her."

I lifted the bottle to my lips, eyeing them all as I tipped it back.

"She's very plain," Jane announced, nodding decisively.

"I never would've fucked her," Alec stated, looking over at Jane and grinning widely at her.

"I guess it's good that you're not me then, huh?" I asked, my voice low as I snapped the bottle back onto the table.

It would do me no good to fly over Jane and murder him. I'd end up in jail and then I'd never see Bella.

"Guess we're pissing him off," Laurent laughed, amusement dancing in his dark brown eyes as he raised his glass and tipped it at me in salute.

"Just trying to give you some advice, Edward," Victoria smiled, reaching over to run her knuckles over mine as I gripped the bottle tightly.

"Thanks," I said through my teeth, quickly snatching my hand away. "But I'm doing fine on my own."

"You'll see," Jane said innocently before lifting her glass to her lips and looking away from me.

I glared at the side of her deceivingly innocent and youthful face, biting my tongue in hopes that it would stop the words I really wanted to say from coming out.

They didn't know Bella; hell, they barely knew more about me than anyone else in this entire damn town did. What right did they have to make assumptions like that?

"Dance with me," Victoria demanded, shoving James out of the booth and standing up before grabbing my free hand and pulling forcefully.

"No, thanks."

"She's not here!" she laughed, still tugging on my hand. "Have a little fun!"

Yeah, this was fun. Sure. Sitting here and listening to them discount everything that had happened in my life in the past month was tons of fucking fun.

"She won't kill you for enjoying yourself, I'm sure," James grinned at me. "And if you happen to have a little more fun than anticipated, well…"

He shrugged his shoulders and dusted off his hands, still grinning at me as my vision glazed over in red.

I didn't even know these people. At all. They'd been completely different while we were on the set and filming. They'd never acted like this towards me during that time. Sure, Victoria had tried getting into my pants on more than one occasion, but none of them had been anything like this before.

"She doesn't have to know," Victoria purred, her lips suddenly pressed against my ear.

I jumped up and moved away from her, shaking my head and reaching up to tangle my hands in my hair.

"I need some air," I stated before turning on my heel and walking back towards the front door.

I stopped abruptly, my arms hanging limply at my sides as I looked through the glass door to see that the paparazzi were still out there – their hands on the cameras swinging from their necks and pacing back and forth at the bottom of the steps. Like lions, waiting for their prey; waiting for me.

And I was the asshole bringing Bella into this world with me. Begging her to go premieres with me, shoving her into the direct spotlight, uprooting her entire life for this. A life where she'd be stalked, hounded with questions, put on display and ridiculed like she wasn't an actual person anymore.

I couldn't let her do it. I wouldn't let her do it. Not for me, no. She deserved more than this bullshit I'd already put her through. She was better than all of this.

I jumped, ready to attack if necessary when I felt hands on my arm and immediately looked down into a pair of familiar amber colored eyes.

"Tanya," I breathed, smiling as I reached around her petite 5'2" frame to hug her tightly.

"Hi, boy!" she laughed, her arms tight around my neck as she kicked her feet up behind her. "Heard that you were here."

"How? I just got here," I laughed, setting her down once she'd lowered her feet.

"The internet is a many wondrous thing," she grinned, standing up on her toes to ruffle my hair. "Speaking of… I think you have quite a bit to tell me."

I grinned back at her, reaching up to push some of her strawberry-blonde hair behind her ear as I nodded.

"Yes, I do."

She nodded decisively before hooking her arm through mine and turning us to face the door again.

"Are you ready?"

I took a deep breath, placed one hand over hers and nodded.

To hell with my cast mates sitting in a booth behind me somewhere. They'd done nothing but piss me off since I'd arrived and I hadn't seen Tanya since before I'd left for New York. She was the only person in this town that I could count as a real friend and at this moment in time, I really needed someone else to talk to.

"As ready as I can be."

"Then off we go," she stated, pulling on my arm and pushing through the glass door.

We were immediately blinded by flashes, questions and our names were being thrown at us as we walked down the stairs and onto the sidewalk.

"My place?" she asked quietly, her heels clicking against the cement as we walked down the sidewalk.

"Yeah," I nodded, looking up and sighing heavily as I watched a young boy – no older than sixteen – run in front of us with a very expensive camera shoved against his eye. "It's closer."

We'd taken this route many times before and were always followed. Tanya lived in a gated building not too far from the main drag in town and it naturally made sense for us to go there when we wanted time to talk or hang out.

Of course, no one else saw it that way. They hid outside of the gate until they saw me leaving at three in the morning, immediately assuming that there had been something other than catching up going on behind the closed doors.

It never failed to amaze me with everything that they came up with. It didn't matter how many times the both of us had said that we were just friends; they always picked apart pictures and analyzed them to within an inch of their lives. It was even funnier when none of it was even close to the truth.

Yes, Tanya was gorgeous and had been on so many of those damn Hollywood's Hottest lists that it was insane. And we'd both given it an honest shot when we started dating, but it hadn't worked as well as we wanted it to. We were destined to be friends – nothing more than that – and no one else in the entire world would believe us or let us live down the three month run we'd had together. It didn't matter how many people we'd been with since then; we were always on the verge of getting back together every time we were photographed.

We were quiet the whole walk from the club to her place, keeping our arms linked as they followed us up the steep hill and stopped at the gate.

"Edward, are you and Tanya back together?" one of them finally broke the silence to ask.

I sighed heavily, looking down at Tanya and shaking my head as I smirked at her. She bit her bottom lip as she hovered around the security keypad and punched her number into it, shaking her head as well.

"We're just friends," I said for what felt like the millionth time in the past year.

"We'll be here when you leave," one of them declared proudly, holding his hand up above the rest of them as the gate snapped open.

"Of that, I have no doubts," I sighed, following behind Tanya as she walked in through the open gate.

I walked ahead as she punched in her security code to close the gate and looked behind me, seeing that the paparazzi were huddling around the gate and still snapping pictures of us. We waited until we were safely in her seemingly gold-plated lobby and on our way to the mirrored elevators before turning to each other and sighing heavily.

"It'll never stop, will it?" I asked, reaching over to punch the button that would take us up to her floor.

"Not until one of us gets married to different people," she sighed, shaking her head as she wrapped her arms around one of mine and rested her head on my bicep. "And even then, we'll still be sleeping with each other or some such shit."

I pursed my lips and nodded, sighing heavily and reaching up to rub my forehead.

"You gonna tell me about her or what?"

I looked down at her again and smirked, nodding.

"Oh, trust me. You'll be getting the full version as soon as we're in your living room and you've given me a damn beer. I never did get a chance to finish mine."

"You're more than welcome to go back there," she laughed, pinching my side and snorting when I squeaked and jumped away from her.

"You're not playing fair!" I whined, pointing at her with one hand and rubbing the spot she'd pinched with the other.

"And you sound like a spoiled rotten child." She looked up as the elevator dinged and quickly stepped on once the doors opened. "Come on, hottest actor of the year. You've got some 'splainin to do."

I rolled my eyes and dropped my arms, dragging my feet as I followed her onto the immaculately clean elevator and leaned against the back wall next to her.

"How was Alaska?" I asked, grabbing the wooden beam that ran around the length of the elevator car and crossing my ankles.

"Great," she beamed, smiling up at me as she mimicked my position. "Kate and Irina say hello, by the way."

"When are they coming back out to visit?"

"Oh, please don't push it," she mumbled, shaking her head. "I love my sisters, but I just spent an entire month with them and my parents. I'm thankful to be back here alone for a while."

I laughed and nodded, slinging an arm around her shoulders as the elevator stopped and the doors opened. She reached inside her shirt and pulled out her key from its secure spot in her bra before wrapping her other arm around my waist and leading me down the familiar brightly lit hallway towards her apartment. She stuck the key in the door of apartment six-oh-five and walked in ahead of me, hooking her key onto the rack by the door and flipping on the lights.

Closing the door behind me, I toed off my shoes and yawned, walking out of the foyer and into the jewel-toned living room, flopping face first onto her royal blue couch and nuzzling my nose into the cushions. While she wasn't as stuck up as some of the other actresses in this town, Tanya definitely enjoyed her lifestyle. Everything she owned was top of the line and designer; from the underwear she bought to the furnishings in her home. She didn't think twice about dropping five thousand dollars on a dress she'd wear only once and while she always looked amazing, her spending habits made me cringe. The monthly rent for this apartment alone was more than what I'd paid in total for the cabin.

While I'd never had to actually want for much in my life, it still made me uncomfortable and nervous when I had something that was probably worth more than my life in my possession for a while.

I looked over when I heard her plop down what I could only assume was a beer bottle on the glass coffee table in the middle of the room and watched as she slid into the deep purple arm chair across from me.

"Start talking, boy," she demanded, toeing off her shoes and pulling her knees up to her chest.

"Where would you like me to start?"

I pushed myself up into a sitting position, reaching over and grabbing the Heineken off the table as I eyed her playfully.

"The last time we talked about this Bella girl, she was with someone and you had absolutely no dating inclinations towards her."

"Things changed," I said easily, shrugging as I lifted the bottle to my lips. "When I went back this time, she'd just broken up with her boyfriend and we started getting closer."

"So those sickeningly romantic looks you two were giving each other at your premiere weren't staged?" she smirked, leaning forward to rest her cheek on her upraised knees.

I rolled my eyes and smirked, shaking my head.

"No, they were the real thing. She's the real thing," I said softly, looking down at my hands and slowly starting to peel the label off the bottle with my thumbnail.

"So what's the problem?"

Ah, she knew me too well.

I looked back up at her and swallowed hard, lifting the bottle to my lips and tilting my head back.

"She doesn't deserve this," I blurted out as I held the bottle in my lap. "She's moving out here for me. She's leaving everything she knows and loves to move out here where she'll never have peace and quiet ever again. She says that she wants to be with me, but I don't think she understands just what that really means."

I set the bottle back onto the coffee table and leaned forward, resting my elbows on my knees and digging my hands into my hair.

"She is everything that I've ever wanted in a woman, Tanya. She's fucking perfect for me and I want to spend the rest of my damn life with her, but I don't want for her to have to deal with shit like we do all the time. She doesn't deserve that."

"Have you tried talking to her about this?"

"All she'll say is that she knows," I spat, tugging on my hair. "But you should've seen her face when we got off the plane yesterday… Tanya, she looked so damn scared that I didn't…"

"Okay," she said softly and I jumped when I felt her hand on my back, rubbing soothing circles there.

Christ, she could be quiet when she wanted to be. Now I know how Bella feels when I blindfold her.

"Would you like my opinion?"

"Fuck yes," I breathed, my hands still buried in my hair as I closed my eyes tightly.

"I don't know this girl and I've been in this business too long not to agree with some of the points you've made about her. But you two have been plastered on a hell of a lot of magazines since the night out you had at that club in New York and Alaska is really not that amusing when your sisters are riding your ass about those small movie roles they auditioned for six months ago."

I snorted and shook my head slightly, wondering what in the hell that had to do with anything else.

"I had the time to look at every single picture they published of the two of you together, Edward and let me tell you," she said softly, leaning in and resting her head on my shoulder, "that girl might have been terrified getting off the plane yesterday, but she loves you. I have never seen anyone you've dated before look at you the way that she does. And I'm willing to bet that she'd follow you to the ends of the Earth whether you wanted her to or not."

"But that's not my problem," I sighed, twisting slightly and looking over at her. "My problem is that I'm ruining her entire damn life."

"And I'm trying to tell you that she obviously doesn't care. If she's leaving everything she's always known to be with you on a more permanent basis, I'm pretty sure she doesn't give a fuck."

"But I do! Tanya, what if…?" I swallowed hard and jumped up to pace around. "What if she changes her mind?"

"I can't answer that and neither can you."

I stopped pacing to stuff my hands roughly into my pockets and glare at her.

"That's not helping."

"I'm just being honest with you, Edward. I don't know what'll happen in the future and neither do you. She wants to be with you and she's moving her entire life out here to do it. That's obviously a sacrifice she's willing to make and it's because she obviously loves you, you ass. So suck it up, stop bitching about it and analyzing everything too damn much and enjoy it." She threw her hands up in the air and laughed, shaking her head. "You seemed to have found what everyone in the damn world has been searching for so just enjoy it."

I stared at her, my shoulders hunching forward as I pressed my lips together and ran her words over again in my mind.

She was right. She often was, but this time, she was really right.

I'd found her. There were so many people wandering around, searching and hoping for the one to fall into their laps and I'd already found her. I had her and she wanted to be with me, felt the same about me.

Knowing that didn't stop the guilt and mind-numbing fear racing through me at top speeds, but it did help a little.

"She's giving up so much," I managed, swallowing hard.

"Because she wants to be with you."

She reached forward and grabbed my beer bottle, lifting it to her lips and tilting her head back slightly.

"I'm not… all I'm doing is bringing her into…"

"I'm going to throw this at you," she threatened, tipping the bottle at me and raising an eyebrow.

"I'm not giving up anything."

"You're giving up being one of the fifty most eligible bachelors."

I pulled my hands from my pockets and rubbed them over my face.

"Dumbest excuse ever," I grumbled.

"But oh so true."

I dropped my hands and glared at her as she grinned at me, tapping her non-existent fingernails against the bottle.

"Being in a relationship is give-and-take, Edward. She's giving up her normal life to be with you and that's something that you need to take. When the time comes that you need to do the same for her, you'll remember this moment and not let her beat herself up over it. It's all about balance."

She spread her hands out at her sides and smiled serenely at me, tipping her head from side to side.

"So please listen to your own personal grand pooh-bah and get over here so that I can tell you all about how I'm going to seduce the new actor in town."

I rolled my eyes and trudged my way back to the couch, flopping down beside her and snatching the beer bottle back. She folded her legs underneath her and grinned over at me as she launched into the description of this new guy she'd seen at some point in the last twenty-four hours.

She needed more girl friends. While I would sit here and listen to her go on and on about how gorgeous this new guy around town was because she'd listened to me complain about my situation with Bella, I really didn't want to hear about how round and cute his ass was.

But I listened to her anyway, because that's just what friends do.

~*~

"Edward, wake up."

I nuzzled my cheek into the pillow, smiling softly.

"Ten more minutes, Bella."

I heard her laugh… only it wasn't her. Bella's laugh was always a little deeper than her speaking voice, spiked with occasional high notes. This laugh was high-pitched, extremely girly, and a little familiar.

Panic raced through me and I squeezed my eyes tightly together, my foggy brain trying to recall everything that had happened the night before.

The club, Victoria, James, Alec…

"Seriously," the voice said from beside me. "Your phone has been blowing up."

…Jane, Laurent – I'd needed to get away from them. And then Tanya…

Oh, Jesus, thank you, Tanya.

I relaxed and blew out a deep breath I hadn't realized that I'd been holding, my tense body immediately relaxing into the familiar contours of the couch I remembered being on last night.

We'd stayed up until some ungodly hour, catching up after she'd finished babbling on about this Garrett guy and I had obviously fallen asleep somewhere along the way.

My eyes snapped open and I was greeted with Tanya's khaki covered knees. I looked up at her and smiled sheepishly before yawning.

"You have a very annoying ring tone," she stated, absently reaching down to smack the back of my head.

"What is it?" I mumbled, sitting up and stretching my arms over my head.

"I believe," she started, handing me a dark green mug I assumed was filled with coffee once I'd lowered my arms, "it's Where's the Love? by Hanson."

I smirked.

"Jeannie."

I shook my head once and sighed, bringing the mug to my lips and forcing myself to swallow the mud-like liquid she was passing off as coffee.

I forgot how horrible she was in the kitchen. I was bad in it myself, but at least I could make a pretty decent cup of coffee when it was called for.

She snorted and shook her head, grabbing a remote sitting on the coffee table and flicking on the television.

"Damage control, I'm sure," she sighed, flipping the channels until she reached E! "It's already out, Edward."

My hands tightened around the mug as I watched Tanya and I disappear through her gate. I hadn't realized that one of them had a video camera.

"I should've woken you up." She looked down at me apologetically and I offered her a small smile. "I wasn't thinking."

"Neither was I." I set the mug down on the coffee table and stood up. "I'll call you later and we can go out for lunch or something?"

"I'll give you a ride," she shrugged, looking up at me. "I have a meeting out that way anyway."

I nodded, looking at the television again to see a picture of us walking arm-in-arm down the street.

"Thanks."

"I need to meet your girl when she gets back here, you know. Just so that she doesn't freak out on you about all of this."

I felt all the blood drain from my face and my knees buckled, landing me back on the couch.

Fuck. I hadn't thought about any of that. I was so used to being that way with Tanya – it was just the way we were – that it never really crossed my mind what Bella would think when she saw all of this. I was used to the paparazzi making a big damn deal out of it and had gotten used to it. I didn't like it, but it was a part of my life and I'd been dealing with it as much as I knew how to.

Bella wasn't used to this. Bella didn't know what I was like with Tanya. And I had a very strong feeling that Rosalie would make the worst out of it if Bella hadn't already.

"I have to—"

I jumped when my cell phone went off from its spot on the floor and dived for it, narrowly missing hitting my head on the edge of the coffee table.

"Jeannie," I mumbled before answering. "I need to call you back."

"You needed to be in my office half an hour ago," she immediately shot back.

"Okay, I'll be there but I have to go!"

I hung up on her, not wholly concerned with the wrath I'd deal with upon showing up in her office and looked at the time on the phone, cursing loudly.

It was nine-thirty here, meaning that it was twelve-thirty in New York. Bella was supposed to call me when she woke up. And frantically scrolling through my call log only told me that she hadn't done so yet.

She had to be awake now, right? She'd be fucking exhausted, but she had to go in to work this morning; she'd missed three days and I knew how her mind worked. She would've been up and at the store as soon as possible.

So why hadn't she called me?

Fuck, fuck, fuck!

"Call her from the car!" Tanya exclaimed from the doorway.

I looked up, not realizing that she'd turned the television off and was on the move. I jumped up again, my legs feeling like gelatin as I walked over to her and slid into my shoes, following wordlessly as she walked out into the hallway.

I quickly dialed in the house number, practically bouncing in impatience as we waited for the elevator and growled when I heard the mechanical voice of the answering machine click onto the line.

"Emmett, pick up!" I demanded. "Get your ass up and answer this fucking phone!"

I waited and nearly screamed in frustration when he didn't – no one did. I hung up at the same time that the elevator doors opened.

"Calm down," Tanya said quietly, placing one hand on my arm and pushing the button for the underground parking garage as we walked onto the elevator car. "It'll be okay."

"She can't think that, Tanya. She can't," I shook my head, stuffing my phone into my pocket and reaching up to dig my hands into my hair. "And she will. If she doesn't, Rosalie will and she threatened to hang me up by my balls with fishing line. Tanya, I can't screw this up."

"I think you need another three weeks of vacation."

"Oh, I'd love it," I mumbled, letting my hands fall from my hair to slam my head against the back of the elevator.

"You really do love her, huh?"

I merely rolled my head to the side, looking down at her and nodding.

"I really do. I don't know what I'd do without her."

"You'd find your way."

I raised an eyebrow at her and sighed, closing my eyes and rolling my head back, anxiously tapping my toes against the floor.

"But I wouldn't be the same person," I said quietly, slowly opening my eyes and staring up at the ceiling.

"You did tell her about me, didn’t you?"

I nodded, sighing heavily.

"And she knows we're just friends?"

I nodded again.

"Then I doubt you've got anything to worry about."

"You don't know Rosalie," I grumbled, all but flying out of the elevator when it came to a stop and the doors opened.

I snatched my phone out of my pocket and quickly scrolled through the numbers to find her cell phone number, my footsteps echoing loudly as I pressed down on the button and placed the phone against my ear again. My heart started beating in overtime when it didn't even ring, instead going straight to her voicemail.

"Bella, please pick up the phone. Please talk to me," I begged, swallowing hard before ending the call and scrolling through my contacts again.

I found the number for the bookstore, vaguely listening to Tanya's heels behind me as I marched towards the parking spot that was hers. I quickly jammed my thumb onto the right button and placed the phone up to my ear.

"You really need to calm the fuck down!" Tanya yelled out behind me.

I waved her off, running my free hand through my hair.

"One More Time Books, Bella speaking. Can I help you?" she sighed.

"Bella!" I exclaimed, my voice echoing off the concrete pillars and floor as I reached Tanya's Mercedes.

"Hey. Can I call you back?"

My heart fell in my chest and it felt like my throat was closing up as my fingers tightened around my phone.

"What? Bella…"

"I'm swamped, Edward, I'm sorry. I'll call you back tonight."

"But I just…"

"Bye, Edward."

My heart stopped beating. I stopped breathing. My mouth fell open as I listened to the line click on the other end.

We never said bye.

She said bye.

Fuck it all, she said bye.


Back or Next

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 Stay | by TNB